Can i cull small object by pixel size

photo

hi silent:

Does our LOD system ONLY take consideration of distance while applying its strategy. Culling by final size is crucial for us. Especially when a perspective projection is adopted, it is hard for us to determine actual LOD distance while in a orthographic projection this distance can be easily defined.

thx

hi silent:

Two problems:

1 I've tried "Rendering Settings -> Common -> Object distance". It does work, but my supervisor is not pleased with the visual effect: Objects appear and disappear suddenly(no LOD surface placed in mesh). 

i read articles: "Content Creation->Tutorials->Setting Up Object LODs", it seems that if we want LOD we must make LOD in the mesh. But our geometry is not from standard modeller like

autodesk 3dmax, make LOD from triangle soup may be very trouble. 

So, Does the engine provide any auto LOD generation mechanism? Or, do we have to provide LOD surface to achieve smooth LOD? 

2 We are still very appreciate the method that culling objects by its pixel size, is it possible that you would add this feature to Unigine in the future?

Hi Zhang,

1) We don't provide yet any tool for LOD generation.

2) Such possibility will be considered when we will refactor our LOD system, but I can't give you 100% percent that it will be available at all. This is not priority task at this moment, sorry.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

hi silent:

I'm afraid Liu want to interact the culling process of Unigine, so that we can perform user-defined culling strategy(like culling by pixel size). Can we interact the engine's culling process?