Textures mixed up

photo

We have converted project to 2.3. I ve noticed, that there are in some cases wrong textures on the terrain (majority of layers is OK). I ve checked (and also reimported masks), these are OK. Also If i turn off problematic layer/material, proper area is affected. But it displays different texture, than it is linked to the layer. For example I have mud texture assigned and it shows me flowers (this texture is used in different layer). I tried to change problematic texture to force regeneration of terrain atlas, but it had absolutelly no effect on that layer.

Hi Jirka,

Any steps for reproduction or test sample? As far I can see, we don't have any issues with terrains in our samples and demos. Did you enabled Subtract layers checkbox in your terrain_base material? It can produce visual artifcats on some terrains configurations.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Jirka,

Any steps for reproduction or test sample? As far I can see, we don't have any issues with terrains in our samples and demos. Did you enabled Subtract layers checkbox in your terrain_base material? It can produce visual artifcats on some terrains configurations.

Thanks!

Substract layers and materials is disabled (I have masks with almost no overlaps, so performance is lower with this feature turned on). Maybe conversion failed somehow, I will try to recreate terrain from scratch.

I ve also noticed other strange behavior. As I wrote above, I have masks with no overlaps (only few pixels on border). So If I turn off some layer, I would expect, that I will see empty space on terrain instead of this layer (no texture, just color from diffuse texture). This indeed happens.

But in case of these problematic textures, turning off this layer displays just other texture. But it shouldnt, no other mask is covering that area.

Hi Jirka,

A test terrain with that behavior will be quite useful in understanding what can go wrong on upgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.3. Is there any chance that you have 2.2.1 backed up project that we can migrate on test stand and check what is going on?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Jirka,

A test terrain with that behavior will be quite useful in understanding what can go wrong on upgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.3. Is there any chance that you have 2.2.1 backed up project that we can migrate on test stand and check what is going on?

Thanks!

Sure, I can send you scenes before and after update. Btw, export world feature would be handy :)

• 2 weeks later...

I ve fixed issues by moving layers up and down (refreshing array) and reimport of all masks several times. Dont know what happend, but in case of this conversion tool not worthy to investigate.

Btw, after removing of index textures, would be possible to export layer masks? This would be quite handy in case some layers are hand painted and I want keep them in case of terrain "redesign".

Hi,

Btw, after removing of index textures, would be possible to export layer masks? This would be quite handy in case some layers are hand painted and I want keep them in case of terrain "redesign".

You can export layer masks from terrain using "Export" tab in terrain node.

Unfortunately, in 2.3 you can't export masks for every terrain material, only for layer with all child materials.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi,

You can export layer masks from terrain using "Export" tab in terrain node.

Unfortunately, in 2.3 you can't export masks for every terrain material, only for layer with all child materials.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Great, thanks!