world occluder vs terrain

photo

Does world occluder occlude terrain? I have occluder in this wall. Behind wall is terrain. Turning off terrain increases framerate 2,5x, so it seems, that occluder does not work for terrain (and child clutters...).

post-714-0-43441200-1462204979_thumb.png

Hi Jirka,

WorldOccluder should be able to hide parts of the terrain (but keep in mind that it is impossible to hide only part of the terrain chunk, so you need to place occluders accordingly). What really happens in your test scenario - is not completely clear for us at this point. Maybe some small test scene can help.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

My occluder is totally blocking camera with huge reserves on all sides (see picture above) and it has no impact on terrain, terrain is still rendered. Btw, I even tried to check oclussion querry on terrain properties (in same case) and no performance effect at all.

Hmm, I think we are going into question how exactly oclussion works. On the first picture you can see, that whole frustum is occluded (I ve only disabled wall to see what is occluded). In compare to the second picture (occludors off) something is really occluded (manually placed items). But mesh clutter vegetation as well as part of the terrain is still there. Does it mean, if camera is in the clutter/terrain chunk, this particular chunk cant be ocluded?

post-714-0-86837700-1462401823_thumb.png

post-714-0-18063900-1462401834_thumb.png

Hi Jirka,

Placing occluders might be indeed a tricky task. However, I still can't reproduce the case when fullscreen occluder will not work as expected. In your case I would recommend to experiment with different shapes and positions of the occluders. Maybe you will need to add more of them (even outside of the room and increase their bound boxes).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: