grass brush issue

photo

it is almost not possible to modify grass (add/remove) by brush, if there are other objects on the terrain (in my case buildings..). Brush behaves totally chaotically, it is not possible to do anything. With few objects or narrow streets it is more or less OK, but more objects you have, it is going worse. If I turn off these objects, it is OK. So brush is confused by these objects. To comparison brush for painting terrain textures works properly (ignores all objects on terrain).

post-714-0-15519600-1460933145_thumb.png

Hi,

I'm afraid, we need some additional information to get to the root of the problem faster: 

- Could you please clarify the behavior of the brush?
Does the brush projected on the object correctly but does not modify the mask, or even the projection of the brush is wrong? Video with problematic behavior also would be helpful. 

- Also could you send the screenshot of the hierarchy of objects or it's parts. Position and parent/child objects of the grass, terrain and problematic objects may help.

Thanks!

- Could you please clarify the behavior of the brush?
Does the brush projected on the object correctly but does not modify the mask, or even the projection of the brush is wrong? Video with problematic behavior also would be helpful. 

- Also could you send the screenshot of the hierarchy of objects or it's parts. Position and parent/child objects of the grass, terrain and problematic objects may help.

Thanks!

Modifying of mask works, but it is almost impossible to position brush on correct place. You can move mouse as you want, but you are not able to get brush projection on some places. I can try to make some video.

Grass has as parent Terrain object. Meshes/objects are stand alone, not child of the terrain.

Hi,

I've added this issue to our internal tracker, but I'm afraid it has minor priority, so we can't give any ETA.

As a workaround, you can disable problematic objects or set for them Decal mask value = 0 (Materials -> Parameters tab -> Decal mask) during the edit of the grass mask.

Hi,

I've added this issue to our internal tracker, but I'm afraid it has minor priority, so we can't give any ETA.

As a workaround, you can disable problematic objects or set for them Decal mask value = 0 (Materials -> Parameters tab -> Decal mask) during the edit of the grass mask.

ok, thanks.