Scattering

photo

Hi, 

also continuing with a request from a different thread, here I have questions about the scattering system.

I see the usage of the LUTs for the scattering.

In previous versions we used curves in tracks to control all those parameters, which was quite tricky to control, but in the end we managed it and the controls were fine to tune.

Here, the sets work very well together. I know that this is not so easy to do as there are many parameters blended and mixed together.

Can you explain in detail, how you generated those textures, especially for the base and the mie scattering, what to take special care of when creating those luts and sets.

Is it possible to get the sources as templates for creating (or modifying) these textures.

Modifying these textures, I guess will be essential to design the scenes to get lighting and sky set to our ideas.(?)

I am bit scared using this new system, as we have to learn everything again but on the other hand, it looks compact and handy.

Any help or material which makes the learning easier and precise would be much appreciated.

thx.w.

Hi guys,

You are right - currently there is no detailed tutorial available. We have brief description of what LUT textures are containing in documentation: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.1.1/principles/render/scattering/

Also, you may find our environment samples from Samples 2 demo (SDK Browser -> Samples -> Demos -> Samples 2.2) useful. Just check the environment section - there are 3 different worlds available.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi.

I know the docu, it is ok for the basics, but it doesnt describe the textures in detail.

Found the samples...

I think, that the LIGHTCOLOR Slider is moving horizontal, but should mover vertically.

This is generally nice to see, I think I ned to play around with the Textures to see how they are combined and sampled.

Very nice Material Samples!

Werner

Sure I do. I see the logic of the sliders (still I think the light color slider should move vertically)

Thx. I will play with the textures.

My question would generally be, how you were generating those textures especially for the scattering.

Which base did you use and what are your assumptions for those colors.

So in case I want to modify them (they do look very good!), I want to know what I am doing.

Thx.

Werner

Hi Werner!

I'll try to make some kind of tutorial (or detailed explanation) on scattering LUT textures creation.

ETA ~ the end of the next week

Thx

Hey.

I have checked out the functionality and get a sense how they are working together.

So the base is mapped 360 degree around the skydome. The mie is blended around the suns position.

I'll try to make some kind of tutorial (or detailed explanation) on scattering LUT textures creation.

Sounds super!

Thanks so much.