[SOLVED] Volume_fog_base

photo

Hi there

I'm looking at your description of the volume_fog_base material and want to create such a material to change the multiplier value. But the slider for the multiplier doesn't have any effect. As well as the description about the option field shows me no checkbox for Noise or Multisample in my material window.

Thanks for the help

Renato

Hi Andrey

We simply created a large fog box about 50'000 x 50'000 x 10'000 and changing the Multiplier parameter doesn't do anything. I will get you a test scenery tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Renato

Hi Andrey

I create a new project, create a VolumeBox with a volume_fog_base material and as you say everything is working.

We have an old material, which looks exactly the same in the mat file, but is shown in orange in the Materials window. This one is _not_ working correctly.

Could this be a legacy from a migration? We have quite a few more of materials shown in orange, but with no childs. Could they affect more problems like this one?

Kind regards,

Renato

Hi Renato,

It is hard to say without reproduction.

Orange material name in hierarchy list means that this material have children (green is base material). What exactly materials hierarchy do you have? How exactly did you try to change the Multiplier parameter (directly in the node or via changing the material parameter in Materials window)?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Andrey

Thanks for the fast replay.

This is our material tree:

post-1459-0-34108400-1454074150_thumb.png

As you can see, do the sky and the fog suggest that they have childrens. What they don't have. If I create a new child of volume_fog_base, I can change the multiplier param from a tracker or inside the material window.

We already discussed in another thread, about changing materials inside the node window, which should be neglected due to creating new "childs".

Kind regards,

Renato