Building a standalone application

photo

Hi, I would like to ask how I should go about building a standalone application from the editor (i am currently only adding content to my project, no code changes) or do I need to use Visual Studio or another code editor to do this? Also how do I set the default world that loads when I start the project? Thanks in advance :) !

Hi Johnny,

how do I set the default world that loads when I start the project?

You need to pass command -console_command "world_load world_name" to the engine startup parameter (you can check the scripts inside your project - launch_debug / launch_release / launch_editor).

Hi, I would like to ask how I should go about building a standalone application from the editor (i am currently only adding content to my project, no code changes) or do I need to use Visual Studio or another code editor to do this?

Basically, all you need to do is to remove editor and debug binaries from /bin directory and yse launch_release script to launch the release application. Also, if you are using recommended pipeline for textures (keeping the textures in uncompressed directory) you can remove them to save some space.

Optionally you can create custom main application and modify it (add custom icon, custom logic and so on - Visual Studio / Xcode / make is required to do this task).

We also plan to add a new feature to the SDK Browser, that will prepare final build for you :)

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thank you very much for the quick reply :) ! I understand now and concerning the final build, is it possible to make an application redistributable (watermarked is also ok) for others who dont have a license? I am currently using Unigine with an evaluation license and not sure if this is a limitation of the evaluation license or me not doing something right. Thanks again!