Huge Performance Difference Between Editor and Release Version

photo

Hi,

We experience a huge framerate difference between the running the project in the Editor and in the release version.

While getting 30 fps in the editor we get 60 fps in the release.

There can be a lot of causes, but more generally asking, is this a behavior which seems to be 'normal'. (because of recent changes?)

(we never experienced something like that before).

Thx. Werner

Hi Werner,

Editor now is working always in debug mode, so it can cause such performance issues. Probably, you launched only release editor before, so you get almost the same performance level.

Could you please try to run your project with debug binaries and check the FPS?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I am sorry to say this, but new Unigine 2.0 editor concept (separation from runtime, debug build only,  running sdk browser requirement , ..., ...) is a complete mess...you should completely rethink it and rollback to previous approach...  

• Like 1

@Silent,

yes it seems that this the case.

Unfortunately in our case it is a bit messy as we are trying to work with physics and the debug version at 30fps is too low.

So we have to do everything in script, modify values, start release, do it again, again etc. costs a lot of time, rather tweaking values in editor.

thx.w.

@ Ulf. atm we are struggling...

Werner, my statement was - of course - only targeted towards Unigine crew. The key problem is that they made quite fundamental design decisions, already invested a lot of resources for implementation. Under these circumstances it's quite hard to accept that maybe this new approach might be a complete dead end which should be rolled back immediately to minimize harm...nevertheless in practice natural reaction is to keep on moving with the wrong approach and trying to reduce some of the key issues by some work-arounds...but this would be bad both for Unigine crew and customers...therefore my harsh words, simply hoping that this might be some motivation for critical rethinking the new approach

• Like 1

Yes, we are struggling with that current situation a lot.

U2 compared to the RC is such a difference we didnt expect. To be honest, I am a bit shocked.

Need to think.

Best.w.

Problem noted, we are figuring out internally how best to solve it. More likely there will be the choice of running either release or debug builds of the editor, as in Unigine 1.

We have raised this issue to critical priority internally.