[SOLVED] Preprocessor Definitions mangled in vs2013 project

photo

Trying to upgrade project to new Unigine 2.0 release, building engine from source. UnigineScript complained about Xml not being a valid token. Turns out HAVE_XML was not defined and XML support was being omitted during engine compilation. I looked at the PreprocessorDefinitions sections of unigine_vs2013.vcxproj and found this:

<PreprocessorDefinitions>_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE;USE_HALF_TEXCOORDSHAVE_JSONHAVE_NVAPIHAVE_AMDADLHAVE_IMEUSE_XAUDIO2USE_XA2_WRAPPERHAVE_XML;HAVE_PATH;HAVE_MESH;HAVE_IMAGE;HAVE_BOUNDS;HAVE_REGEXP;HAVE_SOCKET;HAVE_BLOB;HAVE_VORBIS;HAVE_THEORA;HAVE_NVCPL;USE_ASSERT;USE_MEMORY;USE_SHADER_CACHE;USE_SSE;USE_SSE2;USE_OPENGL;USE_OPENGL_43;USE_OPENGL_44;USE_GL_WRAPPER;USE_DIRECT3D11;USE_D3D11_WRAPPER;USE_OPENAL;USE_AL_WRAPPER;USE_XPAD360;USE_JOYSTICK;USE_FLASH;USE_FLASH_ENGINE;USE_EDITOR;NDEBUG;ARCH_X64;%(PreprocessorDefinitions)</PreprocessorDefinitions>

Note the lack of semicolons separating what I assume are supposed to be separate #defines.

Hi,

thank you for your report. You're right, some semicolons are missed. We will fix it.

Please change PreprocessorDefinitions as follows:

<PreprocessorDefinitions>_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE;USE_HALF_TEXCOORDS;HAVE_JSON;HAVE_NVAPI;HAVE_AMDADL;HAVE_IME;USE_XAUDIO2;USE_XA2_WRAPPER;HAVE_XML;HAVE_PATH;HAVE_MESH;HAVE_IMAGE;HAVE_BOUNDS;HAVE_REGEXP;HAVE_SOCKET;HAVE_BLOB;HAVE_VORBIS;HAVE_THEORA;HAVE_NVCPL;USE_ASSERT;USE_MEMORY;USE_SHADER_CACHE;USE_SSE;USE_SSE2;USE_OPENGL;USE_OPENGL_43;USE_OPENGL_44;USE_GL_WRAPPER;USE_DIRECT3D11;USE_D3D11_WRAPPER;USE_OPENAL;USE_AL_WRAPPER;USE_XPAD360;USE_JOYSTICK;USE_FLASH;USE_FLASH_ENGINE;USE_EDITOR;NDEBUG;ARCH_X64;%(PreprocessorDefinitions)</PreprocessorDefinitions>

I am trying to include the Unigine project in our solution and ran into a couple more errors, The build fails complaining that it can't find "XA2Ext.h" in the path.  "sound/xaudio2" appears to be missing from the additional include directory, after adding that I get a few linker errors that are based in XA2Wrapper and XA2SoundManager.  I haven't figured out how to fix the linker errors yet.

Hi Dred,

Sorry about this bug. You're right about include path sound/xaudio2. But some source files are accidentally missed in the project.

Please do the following:

In VS Solution Explorer go to Unigine/Sources/sound -> Add -> Existing Item -> choose all .cpp files from {UNIGINE_SDK}\source\engine\sound\xaudio2 directory.

Do the same for .h files in Unigine/Headers/sound.

You can also organize them in Unigine/Headers(Sources)/sound/xaudio2 tree as they are in SDK structure.

Hope this would help.