fbx importer plugin improvements

photo

- It would be nice to have ability to specify scale.

- Also optional possibility to not merge surfaces with same name/material would help.

- Multiple file import at once would help a lot.

Hi Jirka,

- It would be nice to have ability to specify scale.

I believe there is already such option is available in FBX importer. By default scale is set to 1.0.

- Multiple file import at once would help a lot.

Absolutely, right now it already done on asset browser side.

- Also optional possibility to not merge surfaces with same name/material would help.

I will ask devs, if it is possible to create. Also, if you can provide us some test content it would be great :) Right now we can't find the right use case for such feature.

Thank you!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jirka,

I believe there is already such option is available in FBX importer. By default scale is set to 1.0.

Absolutely, right now it already done on asset browser side.

I will ask devs, if it is possible to create. Also, if you can provide us some test content it would be great :) Right now we can't find the right use case for such feature.

Thank you!

Sure, I am blind :wacko:

Use case is for not merging simple:

I think this is even bug. Imagine fbx file with two LODs (Mid_10x10_LOD0, Mid_10x10_LOD1) and each with 3 materials (plaster, window, wood). If I dont use "merge static meshes", I will get two meshes (each with 3 surfaces) by such import. This does not make much sense, it is better to have LODs in one mesh. So I check "merge static meshes". It will create mesh with two surfaces instead of 6 (Mid_10x10_LOD0_mesh_pbr_base and Mid_10x10_LOD1_mesh_pbr_base), so I cant properly assign materials. If you have only one material, everything is OK. Merging same materials is nice feature, but it should be possible to limit it to one object (merge only in one LOD, not across all LODs)  Here is fbx sample. Thanks.

http://screens.endor.cz/_soukrome/demo/mid_10x10_mdl.fbx