[SOLVED] *.obj file issue

photo

Hello everyone!

I have two questions.

Fist question:when I using a *.obj file. My *.obj file has over 50000+ vertices. I copied 5 of this model to create my world, but the FPS of this world just only 15. I want to know how to handle this world smoothly.

The second question: in my application when I loaded Editor by "editor_load", the ESC dialog twinkle until I quit from Editor. I wanna know how to avoid this issue.

thanks!

Hi Yunrui,

Fist question:when I using a *.obj file. My *.obj file has over 50000+ vertices. I copied 5 of this model to create my world, but the FPS of this world just only 15. I want to know how to handle this world smoothly.

There should be no problems with rendering 250k polygons per frame for a modern GPUs. However, if you have a lot of small pars in this object you can have a large number of draw calls. You can check the number of polygons rendered per frame and draw calls count in performance profiler (show_profiler 2 command in console).

To reduce the number of draw calls you can reduce the number of small surfaces (merge them into a single one, for example) or hide some geometry with occluders.

Could you please also send us your content (or single *.obj file) for testing?

The second question: in my application when I loaded Editor by "editor_load", the ESC dialog twinkle until I quit from Editor. I wanna know how to avoid this issue.

We've recently fixed this issue for Qt integration samples: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/3136-solved-blinking-unigine-settings-window/#entry17735
If you are not using the Qt integration could you please tell us how to reproduce such issue step-by-step? Also a video or screenshot with this behavior can be really helpful.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Could you please also send us your content (or single *.obj file) for testing?

I'll seriously consider the solution you give. The *.obj file has upload to my cloud disk as follow:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGphHl0

Thanks for your help sincerely.

We've recently fixed this issue for Qt integration samples: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/3136-solved-blinking-unigine-settings-window/#entry17735

If you are not using the Qt integration could you please tell us how to reproduce such issue step-by-step? Also a video or screenshot with this behavior can be really helpful.

Yes, my application is Qt based. This issue had resolved by you solution.

Thanks. 

The Present time of my world is about 80ms  with my platform: Windows 7 x64, Intel® Core Quad CPU Q9500 @2.83GHz, 8.00GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 620.

To the description of Present in the official reference manual:

"

• When Present time is high, it means either of the following:
    • If the framerate is low, it signals that there exists a GPU bottleneck. The art content needs to be optimized in this case.

"

It means my *.obj file is too big to the GPU of my platform?

Hi Yunrui,

I'm afraid this model is too complicated for the GTX 620. It is containing about 1 million polygons actually. You can try to disable shadows in WorldLight object to get a little more performance.

But in your case, I think it would be better to change the GPU or to optimize the model itself.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Yunrui,

I'm afraid this model is too complicated for the GTX 620. It is containing about 1 million polygons actually. You can try to disable shadows in WorldLight object to get a little more performance.

But in your case, I think it would be better to change the GPU or to optimize the model itself.

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll take you suggestion into account seriously .