grabber tool taking incorrect images

photo

when created an impostor from a .mesh file there are occasions where the Grabber will capture the bottom of the model versus the top.  Is this an issue with the model's Z-axis direction (currently facing up) or something else?

Thank you for the help

I've replicated this in a completely separate test. I created a model in 3ds max, imported it, gave it a material, then did a grab of it. I set up a material around the impostor sheet generated by grabber, and assigned it to a grass object. I also created a clutter object for the close instances. Attached is a screenshot of my settings, and an archive with my model and billboard sheet from grabber.  

It looks like grabber is recording the shots with backwards axes. In my test, it not only captured the bottom 15 rows of the impostor sheet from below the model instead of above, but it also captured the horizontal set backwards. So when I orbit the impostor and it updates the image, it appears to be spinning the wrong direction.

When testing this with a fairly uniform tree, this isn't all that noticeable, but when trying to make this work with non-uniform shapes, it falls apart.

post-1189-0-35971500-1433869803_thumb.jpg

TreeTEST.rar

Hi Ted,

Thank you for the test file.

Indeed, currently generated impostors texture via impostor grabber is not correct. I've added this issue to our internal bug tracker. Unfortuantely, I can't give you any workaround at the current time, except of using more symmetrical trees (but it will only hide the artifacts), sorry.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 1 month later...