[2.0] save as not change the world name

photo

hi. 

It seems in 2.0 alpha , if you save_as a world, your world name still stay as the previous name. But in beta, the world name changed to the new name. Could you keep as the name as before? or add a new console command something like world_save_copy. We need this command to make a backup automatically, changing the name will break the backup.

thanks

Hi,

I'm afraid your problem is not totally clear.
There was no changes in "Save world as.." since the alpha version release.

If you could write some step by step instructions of what you want to get, it would be helpful.

Thanks!

hi Sebastian:

Here is the step to reproduce.

1:open any world in 2.0 beta 

2:type "world_save yyy" in console

3:check the title the the top. the world changed to yyy

4:now open alpha 2 or previous builds. do the same thing. check the title on the top.

5:result, the world stay as previous

Hi,

I'm afraid it's a bug with a world title after "world_save" console command, but the behavior of the command is still the same.
You can check log or use Save World (Ctrl + S) from editor to check that the world has not been changed to "yyy.world" in your case.

We've added this problem to our internal bug tracker.
Thanks for your instructions!

hi Sebastian:

Could you try "world_reload"? in my case, the beta version will try reload the save_as world not the original one. That cause the issue as we don't have that cpp file so the reload got failed.

thanks

Do you use the latest beta release?

I'm afraid we can't reproduce such behavior.

Steps:

- Open world

- "save_world 123"

- "world_reload"

Name of the current world file in the title was changed, but 123.world was not loaded. After "world_reload" original .world and .cpp files were reloaded.

Please, check a piece of log attached.

post-737-0-34404400-1425563755_thumb.png

Could you, please, sent us a log file after this problem reproduction?