memory leak in verison 2011-01-16 and 11-01

photo

our artist got the "SystemAllocator::allocate(): can't allocate x bytes" error when painting terrain, it seems reported already by someone

The error message simply states that you ran out of memory. What is your terrain size ?

terrain size is 1024*1024, memory of machine is 4g, system is winxp 32.

WinXP 32bit use only 3+ Gb of memory, you need a 64bit system to work with large amount of memory (win7 64 bit is a recommended option). Terrain editing requires more memory than rendering the same terrain in runtime.

Terrain editing requires more memory than rendering the same terrain in runtime.

Nevertheless I wouldn't expect a small terrain of 1024x1024 to be to large evne under WindowsXP with 3+ GB... Maybe it would be a good idea to provide UNIGINE with your world, so they can try to reproduce the problem.

Nevertheless I wouldn't expect a small terrain of 1024x1024 to be to large evne under WindowsXP with 3+ GB... Maybe it would be a good idea to provide UNIGINE with your world, so they can try to reproduce the problem.

Yes, It's good idea.

qyli, could you please send us your world with terrain?

What is the size of this world?

Yes, It's good idea.

qyli, could you please send us your world with terrain?

What is the size of this world?

unfortunately current i can't because of holidays(till to wednesday of next week), but it's easy reproduce, all of our artist occured this problem. it happend when painting terrain detail material, keep press alt+mouse some time, hope this can help.