seams

photo

Hi,

Could you please send us your terrain with all settings and all textures (including materials, heightmaps, masks)? I believe it is the same terrain as you wanted to send us in this topic? :)

Thanks!

Not exactly, I have several terrains for experimenting. Anyway I extracted both terrains. Terrains are identical, only difference is, that in first I used 6x4channel texture with masks, in second I used 21x1channel mask file. Difference is obvious, first terrain has mixed layers (it seems like during import only first channel was used), second is OK. Masks are identical, so terrains should be identical too. There are also visible seams between chunks, I ve put dummy node there. I am just uploading it on your ftp (esq.rar), it contains all files. It will be there in cca 50 minutes

Btw, It is quite a lot of work to extract it from project to some compact form (I ve gave up and recreated everything manually again), what about some export feature, which will export node+all relevant files (something like Unity3D does)?

Edit: upload finished

Edit: upload finished

Thanks! We will check it tomorrow.

Btw, It is quite a lot of work to extract it from project to some compact form (I ve gave up and recreated everything manually again), what about some export feature, which will export node+all relevant files (something like Unity3D does)?

You can use Node Export plugin.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 4 weeks later...

Improvements for this problem will be available in next SDK release.

Seams can still appear with a low resolution refined normal maps, but there should be no problem if refined texture size is 512 and over.

Improvements for this problem will be available in next SDK release.

Seams can still appear with a low resolution refined normal maps, but there should be no problem if refined texture size is 512 and over.

Great, thanks! How big is performance impact? 512 is quite a lot for one chunk, we are usually using 256 for normal maps.

I'm afraid it may depend on a project.

Also you may try to use Landscape plugin to use multiple terrains instead of a big one. You can check the result in PortAngeles and California demo. In these demos refined normal map size is set to 256.