editor quit(): editor is not loaded Unigine freezes

photo

Hello,

I am trying to load in a plugin that is written to integrate LEAP motion into Unigine. The engine works for the first time providing outputs required. Hwever, when running the engine the next time, it freezes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Hi Oliver,

Do you have any callstack or error messages in console before hanging? Could you please check if deleting *.cache and *.cfg files (from <SDK>/data) before the second launch will help?

Also, if you can provide us simple test scene with that crash it would be great.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello Silent,
When I had a look at the logs, the last message that was printed read "editor quit(): editor is not loaded".

Thanks..

Please have a look at the screencapture. The Engine does not do anything beyond this point..

post-1039-0-06974400-1417020427_thumb.png

Hi,

"editor quit(): editor is not loaded" is not an error, it is a warning that indicates that you are trying to perform editor_quit command. It could not cause this crash.

However, LEAP Motion plugin can cause such issues. If you can provide us minimal test scene we can dig a little bit more. Without any reproduction, I'm afraid we can only guess what might cause such issue.

Thanks!

---

Hello silent,

To tell you more in detail:
I am trying to write a custom Leap Plugin for Unigine. The build in the VS 2010 succeeded, however, while running the engine after having copied the appropriate dlls does not seem to be working. Your initial suggestion of deleting the *.cache and *.cfg files in the project folder seems to help, but only a few times (even after deleting the cache files and cfg files, the engine freezes.). So now the plugin is unstable.

What must I provide in orfer to test and isolate the error?

Thanks

PS: Please have a look at this log file for more details

1943_log.html

Hi,

The code inside the MySystem::Update(" ") I believe can cause the engine hang. Have you tried to run debug build with attached MSVS debugger to see what can cause such behavior? 

Could you please check and verify all the vcxproj settings (they should be equal to <SDK>/source/samples/Api/Systems/Plugins/plugin). Also, you can check that behavior with our plugin integration sample: <SDK>/source/samples/Api/Systems/Plugins.

If nothing of this helps, I'm afraid we would need to check the whole your plugin sources, build configuration, launch options. For that we would need a step-by-step instructions how to build and run your plugin. You can upload sources and libraries required for correct build to some file hosting (or our FTP server) and PM me a link to them.

Thanks!

---