[SOLVED] What are the differences between uniginex64.dll and uniginex86.dll

photo

Dear All,

I'm creating the customized application, I really want to know what the difference between the x64.dll and x86.dll, it will impact the performance?

Best regards,

Joshua, Wei

Hi Joshua,

As far as I know you are using Evaluation kit? I'm afraid there is no engine sources included, so it is impossible to rebuild the engine.

However, if you want to rebuild main binary (main_x64.exe) or any *.dll plugin you can refer to this forum post: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/2806-release-plugin-crash/#entry15137 There are two modified *.vcxproj files for MSVS2010 which have one working x64 build configuration: Release (Double).

Basically, you need to replace all the 'x86' strings in project settings to 'x64':

• Configuration properties -> General:
    • Target Name
    • Platform Toolset (set to Windows 7.1 SDK)
  • Configuraton properties -> Linker:
    • Output File
    • Additional Library Directories
  • Configuraton properties -> Linker -> Debugging:
    • Generate Program Database File
  • Configuration properties -> Linker -> Advanced:
    • Import Library
    • Target Machine (should be changed automatically to MachineX64)
  • Configuration properties -> C/C++ -> Preprocessor:
    • Preprocessor Definitions (ARCH_X64)

Of course, Active solution platform must be set to x64 first.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Joshua,

As far as I know you are using Evaluation kit? I'm afraid there is no engine sources included, so it is impossible to rebuild the engine.

However, if you want to rebuild main binary (main_x64.exe) or any *.dll plugin you can refer to this forum post: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/2806-release-plugin-crash/#entry15137 There are two modified *.vcxproj files for MSVS2010 which have one working x64 build configuration: Release (Double).

Basically, you need to replace all the 'x86' strings in project settings to 'x64':

• Configuration properties -> General:
    • Target Name
    • Platform Toolset (set to Windows 7.1 SDK)
  • Configuraton properties -> Linker:
    • Output File
    • Additional Library Directories
  • Configuraton properties -> Linker -> Debugging:
    • Generate Program Database File
  • Configuration properties -> Linker -> Advanced:
    • Import Library
    • Target Machine (should be changed automatically to MachineX64)
  • Configuration properties -> C/C++ -> Preprocessor:
    • Preprocessor Definitions (ARCH_X64)

Of course, Active solution platform must be set to x64 first.

Thanks!

Dear sir,

I'm sorry I may made a mistake for the understanding: I regarded the C:\UnigineSimevaluation\source\app\main\main.cpp as the "source code"....aaaaaa!!..

what I want to do is I'm creating a 64 bit customized application, but I cannot find the 64 bit unigine dll in the lib folder. and now I know I cannot rebuild the unigine.dll.

So I correct my question as you can see  above now: I'm thinking that whether I can create a 32-bit application to replace 64 bit, but I don't know if I do so, what will be the impacts when I run a 32 bit application in the 64 bit OS.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Unigine_x64*.dll libraries should be located inside <SDK>/lib folder by default for all SDKs (even for Evaluation kit). You may accidently deselect 64 bit binaries when you created new project via New Project from SDK Browser. You still can copy them from <SDK>/lib directory manually.

About the x64 vs x86 differnce you can check this discussion on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2378399/are-64-bit-programs-bigger-and-faster-than-32-bit-versions

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: