Aliasing Deferred decal on Terrain

photo

Hello,

I think I had this issue already discussed, but it doesnt seem to be solved?

As I am using a deferred decal on a terrain, I get those white aliasing line against the sky.

Is there anything I can do? (Kind of important as we refine our Terrain with decals in certain areas!)

Best. Werner

post-767-0-72230600-1410277394_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Is this issue can be reproduced with our decals samples from <SDK>/data/samples/decals? For example, if the aliasing in deferred_ortho_00 sample is the same that you get in your world? What exactly decals type are you using?

I've checked this topic and can't get the results you get (with terrain cast world shadow and other terrain settings). Could you please send us minimal test scene for reproduction? Also, I would check this behavior with new engine and terrain system.

Thanks you!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello Silent.

The other topic you mentioned was a different issue. This was (or is) a shadowing issue.

Here in my case this seems to be a deferred aliasing issue.

I am using a deferred ortho decal.

Let me check the things you mentioned.

I try to send a scene, but our scene is quite complex already.

Basically I use a Terrain and apply a decal. Nothing really spectacular but probably the combination.

thx.

werner

attached a screenshot from the unigine sample folder.

same issue. just a different color.

post-767-0-12681500-1410370355_thumb.png

Hi Werner,

I will add this issue to our internal bug tracker. Unfortunately, I can't give you any ETA when this issue would be fixed.

Is there any reasons why you don't use TerrainOrtho or TerrainProj decals? They don't have such aliasing artifacts (at least when MSAA 4x or 8x is enabled). Also, you can try to switch to OpenGL API and set MSAA to 16x (or 8x if your GPU driver doesn't support this MSAA level) to reduce this effect.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thx, Silent.

The main reason is the performance.

But I will give them a try (the terrain decals).

Let me also try OpenGL.

Thx so far.

Best.

Werner