[SOLVED] getIntersection doesn't work from objectmeshdynamic

photo

engine.editor.getIntersection works great for me.

but i found it's difficult to make the ObjectMeshDynamic.getIntersection work.

Vec3 p0, p1;
Unigine::getPlayerMouseDirection(p0,p1);
int ret[0];
int ddd=MeshEditNodes[0].getIntersection(p0,p1,0,ret);
log.message("DDD:%i \n",ddd);

MeshEditNodes[0] is a objectmeshdynamic object. if this function. it always return 0 from ddd.

if i use editor.getIntersection, it works.

Hi,

Just call updateBounds() method after ObjectMeshDynamic construction. This should help to get intersection work. Also, please make sure that you have a property (with intersection flag enabled) assigned to all mesh surfaces you want to have intersections with.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

hi silent:

I tried put updateBounds after the create and also make sure the intersection property is checked for the surface.

not still not detect any intersection. Could you make a test and see if it works?

code to create a plane

dynMesh = add_editor(Unigine::createPlane(1.0f,1.0f,1));
dynMesh.setWorldTransform(Mat4_identity);
dynMesh.setMaterial(material,"*");
dynMesh.setProperty(prop,"*");
dynMesh.setName("_NewPlane");
dynMesh.updateBounds();
and use the above code for intersection test in our loop.
thanks so much.

Hi,

We are trying to reproduce such behavior right now, so if you will give us more information about this issue it would be great:

1. Is editor enabled when you are trying to use getIntersection() method with dynamic mesh?
  2. If you quit from editor (editor_quit in console) getIntersection() will work correctly?
  3. After ObjectMeshDynamic creation methon updateBounds() called in update?
  4. If you can provide actual test scene and further insttuctions for reproduction it would be great. We surely can find the reason of such behavior faster.

Thanks!

---

Also, please, check the attached test scene. getIntersection() for ObjectMeshDynamic requires local p0, p1 coordinates, so it is necessary to modify getPlayerMouseDirection() function from utils.h (modified function included in test.cpp).

test_intersection.zip Does this sample working correctly?

In the next SDK update you will be able to get triangle index via engine.world.getIntersection() without modifying coordinates (p0, p1).

Thanks!

---