Another IDEs istead of Text Editor

photo

Hello !

I'm a newbie in Unigine and would like to ask questions:

1. How can I use Visual Studio to write unigine scripts ? Of cause I can write a text using internal Text Editor, but it's not convenient. In the best case I would like to create Visual Studio project and write scripts there, using internal function like search, replace, autocomplete, refactoring tools.

2. How can I compile project in Unigine Editor (compile writed by me unigine scripts) ? Now I know only one way - reopen the world and look to console.

3. Can I compile unigine scripts in Visual Studio at least to check the syntax correctness ?

4. Are there another IDEs that I can use ?

Hello Dmitry!

1. Unfortunately, there is no IDE integration (except pure C++ projects). But you can still write scripts in any text editor.
  2. You can enter wolrd_reload command in console to recompile scripts;
  3. I'm afraid there is no such possibility.
  4. You can use any text editor you like (please, check this forum topic: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/2433-ide/).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thank you for quick answers!

5. So how do you recommend to develop serious projects using Unigine ? I think I'ts impossible to write a code in text editor because I'd like to see dependencies between classes, i.e. where this function is called in the whole project.

6. How can I debug my unigine scripts except using console ? I mean breakpoints, callstack, ...

7. Where can I read about pure C++ project you mentioned? May be this is the answer to all my questions ?

Hi,

5. Our developers are using Sublime / Notepad / Vim to develop Unigine Editor and other internal projects. Of course, we understand that with proper IDE development would be more convinient. Unfortunately, we don't have any IDE integration for now, sorry.

6. Here's simple article about script debugging: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/scripting/language/debugging

7. You can check C+ API samples inside <SDK>/source/samples/Api. Also, we have small article about C++ application development. Please, take note that some functions are not presented in C++ API, they only exists in UnigineScript.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: