[SOLVED] california demo crashes

photo

I tried valley demo and california demo after upgrading graphics card to something bit more recent (gtx 780Ti). I am running w7x64, i7, 3 monitors.

Valley demo was just fine, everything working smoothly.

California demo crashes on me on vsync disable, on full screen, on resolution change. No information given.

The same with our application.

It seems, the difference is with WINDOW plugin and the settings that enables resize of the screen. California demo has this, valley demo does not.

Hi David,

Could  you please provide full launch options (or even *.bat file) that was used to run California demo? We will check this on our test stand.

If you are using Interface plugin (-extern_plugin Interface in laucnh options) it is highly recommended to not use in fullscreen mode (video_fullscreen 1 mode). However, you still can use it with video_fullscreen 0 | 2.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I used the california release python script used to launch the demo, nothing special. Also, vsync switch crashes the demo even when not in full screen.

Hi,

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce such behavior on our side. Could you please provide more infromation about this issue:

1. What operating system and GPU driver version is currently in use in your PC?
  2. Crash appears only with 3 monitor setup?
  3. Crash appears if you remove -extern_plugin "Interface" in python launcher and delete all *.cache files from <California>/data folder.

Also, could you please attach dxdiag log from your PC? To do this:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run window
  • Paste this line into Open field:

dxdiag /t C:\dxdiag.txt

• Attach dxdiag.txt to your response.

Thanks!

---

Hi Silent,

please find the attached results, they should be most informative.

Anyway, when left alone for a short while after crashing, visual studio lent itself to the task, so there is bit more for you to look at.

As for the nvidia drivers, it is the 340.52, the latest. I am running windows 7 x64.

The same thing happens when i disable the two other monitors.

For some reason, after clearing 3 cache files from data dir and removing interface plugin, i still could use it, ie drag windows away from the main screen and crash happens - so can't help here, but if i run other projects that down have INTERFACE plugin (like our main project using just the main_x64d.exe, everything works fine.

Please let me know, how can i be of any more help.. We don't have the source version, so i don't know where exactly does it happen from Unigine point of view, nor was i able to find the pdb file for the d3d file, that crash actually occurs in.

David

post-710-0-82468800-1407879659_thumb.png

post-710-0-83174900-1407879668_thumb.png

DxDiag.txt

post-710-0-70363500-1407879676_thumb.png

Hi,

Thank you for detailed description. Did you overclock your GPU? :) It seems that GPU driver is crashing for some reason. 

As for the nvidia drivers, it is the 340.52, the latest. I am running windows 7 x64.

Same here, latest driver, Windows 7 x64, but GPU is GTX Titan. Could you please reinstall driver with Perform clean install checkbox enabled?

For some reason, after clearing 3 cache files from data dir and removing interface plugin, i still could use it, ie drag windows away from the main screen and crash happens - so can't help here

Could you please delete all configs too (unigine.cfg / unigine_editor.cfg) and launch California without Interface plugin?

We are still trying to reproduce this behavior, but on different PCs everything is running fine. 

Thanks!

---

No overclocking, card runs on default and it works in other games and apps just fine. I will try the clean reinstall and removal of config files.

David