[SOLVED] Playback halts when window loses focus

photo

I would like Unigine to continue playback even when it loses focus (we're streaming the output of a window).

I have tried engine.app.setUpdate(1) in my init() function but that doesn't seem to do it. I'm playing a video on a GUI element and the video pauses when focus is lost.

Hi Angus,

Sorry, can't reproduce such behavior. I'm afraid more details required for reproduction (test scene will be perfect).

I've added engine.app.setUpdate(1) to the <SDK>/data/samples/widgets/common/widgets.h to the init() function and launched widgets/video_00 and video_01 samples.

I've also added engine.app.setUpdate(1) to the <SDK>/data/samples/objects/common/objects.h to the init() function and launched objects/gui_00 and gui_01 samples.

All videos were playing correctly while main engine window was in background.

If you are using Editor, please, check the Tools -> Common -> Always update option. Editor overwrites the engine.app.setUpdate(1), so you need to enable this option to get correct results in Editor.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

> If you are using Editor, please, check the Tools -> Common -> Always update option. Editor overwrites the engine.app.setUpdate(1), so you need to enable this option to get correct results in Editor.

That was it, thanks very much.

Solved.