[SOLVED] Maya 2011 animation

photo

Добрый день!

Возникли вопросы с экспортом анимации из Maya 2011. Геометрия разбита на две поверхности, чтобы число костей было меньше 64.

1) Можно экспортировать только smesh файлы из Maya, нет возможности экспортировать sanim
2) Далее пытаемся вырезать из smesh анимационные дорожки (изменяется ориентация костей и разрушается иерархия)
3) Пытаемся импортнуть smesh файл в 3Ds Max 2013. Появляются артефакты на "шкуре" (портятся веса костей??)

----------------------------

Good day! 

Some troubles with Maya 2011. The geometry is divided into two surface to the bone was less by 64. 

1) You can only export files smesh files from Maya, there is no possibility to export sanim

2) Try split smesh file into sanim (varies transformation bones and hierarchy collapses)

3) Try to importnut smesh file in 3Ds Max 2013. Artefacts appear on the "skin" (the weight of bones?)

king.zip

Hello,

You don't need to modify *.smesh file for using it as an animation file. You can add *.smesh file instead of *.sanim and there shouldn't be any problem.

As for import, I'm afraid it's a known issue, but we can't give any ETA when it will be fixed.

Sorry for inconvenience.

You can use "Range" fields in Maya plugin to set the part of animation you want to save into the *.smesh file.

Then you can simply add *.smesh file with needed animation instead of *.sanim to schemer.file block.

*.smesh further contain all model geometry, this adversely affects the loading time and memory usage.
in this topic manguste siad "Yep, you are right, this option was added later is not supported in Maya 2011 plugin. There's an easy workaround, however: load smesh into the ResourceEditor, choose Save Mesh option and check Animation only flag."

https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/948-solved-sanim-export-maya-2011/#entry4770

We try to do same. But WTH?

Maya Exporter 2011 / 2013 (Ok) --> Mesh Viewer (Ok) --> Mesh Viewer_Save Mesh (*.sanim) --> Mesh Viewer_Load Mesh (*.sanim - WTF? Hierarcy broken)

Your solution may work with 1-3 models, But what about 30 models + 15 animations per model == 30 * 15 = 450 (*.smesh files)

Yet another example.

I cut length of the animation track (27 frames in go_free.sanim, 11 in go_free_0_10.sanim) via MeshViewer.
MeshViewer broke transformation of bones

SO, you have`t working tool to deal with Maya. I think this is BIG problem!!!

P.S. I try FBX and Collada importer. I can not get them to work (crashes or *.sanim files without animations)

man_soldier.zip

Fortunately in 2014 version I found the magic button File --> Send to 3Ds Max.
Then Maya make convertion and start 3DsMax (2014 in my case)

You need only rotate root model bone