[SOLVED] How to set the stairs

photo

Hi

I have problem with the stairs and PlayerActor class.

I have set PlayerActor with height 1.6 and radius 0.3, one stair have dimension 0.2 x 0.2.

PlayerActor always stop before the stairs, so what missing to set to PlayerActor or to the stairs that PlayerActor can go over the stairs?

Honya

Thanks for tip Anton,

with this radius is get on the stairs, but this value is too hight for represent person.

But what i found that value of velocity affects ability to get PlayerActor on stairs.

I have default seting 2/4 of velocity, so when person run, he get on the stairs.

When i change velocity to 4/8, then PlayerActor get on the stairs when he walk, so he don't must run.

Can i get formula that describes how velocity affect ability to get on the stairs with capsle radius and height of the one stair.

It help me to understand  and set variables for smooth walk on the stairs.

• 1 month later...

Hello, Jan.

Looks like I'm a little bit late, sorry about that. You can set your radius to 0.5 as Anton said then set your height to 1.2 and you'll be ok.

Also, try to change it's physical flag (setPhysical method) from 0 to 1 and vice versa — it might slightly change actor's behaviour. Inside it just checks all collision contacts and pushes player by their normals. That's all, no slopes/staircases checks.