Tracker: Soundsource improvement

photo

Hello

I would like to suggest the following improvement to Tracker:

given that case:

zhr5uMn.png

I Have a Sound Souce, which has a specific lenght. Now, if i pause tracker in the part where the SoundSource is, the Source loops. That's one thing.

The other thing, if my file is longer then the Tracker Time it runs (which can be different by different Unit/s), the file continues it's play where it stopped previously.

Maybe it would make more sense to default NOT LOOP sounds in Tracker and if they start again, play from 0 and not from the stop (e.g. pause) position (the source, not the track ofc.)..

Toughs by others on the matter are very welcome.

• 3 months later...

I too would be very interested in this feature, I'm generating .track files on the fly using xml code and due to the looping of sound effects I can't really generate decent sound triggers.  I will most likely have to do that by code, which is annoying, because I can mostly do everything else in the Tracker.  The node.soundsource has play, pitch, gain, minDistance and maxDistance calls, so why not the rest of the soundsource calls like getLength and setTime?  This would make much more sense, it's always worth putting these things in even if you don't think they'll get used =)  Someone is always bound to want them (me!)