Maya 2011 Export Skinned Mesh

photo

Hi,

I was trying to use the Maya 2011 x64 plugins for Mesh Skinned Export.

However, I am getting an error:

//Error: Object 'meshSkinnedScale' not found.

When opening the Export Selection Options menu, the options shown in the Unigine Manual do not appear.

Am I using the plug in incorrectly?

Edit:

Actually, I went through the MEL script and changed the reference to meshSkinnedScale to meshScale (which I saw declared earlier in the script)...

Which got rid of that error.

However, when I select a mesh, then export using the plugin, Maya freezes after showing the animation.

It still does not show the #surface bones or Animation Only on/off as shown in the manual...

Does Maya Plugin have the ability to export a subset of the bones, only? As in, export upper torso bones or lower body leg bones separately.

THanks,

Michael ZHang

post-36-0-76800800-1291515219_thumb.jpg

post-36-0-22292400-1291515225_thumb.jpg

post-36-0-40576100-1291515229_thumb.jpg

To further expand on this issue:

I managed to export a .smesh containing mesh bind pose and animation from Softimage 2011, then successfully import it into Maya 2011.

Starting with an empty scene, I import the .smesh I exported from Softimage.

I then export all to .smesh, which does not crash the program.

However, it does not load in the Resource Editor tool with error:

MeshSkinnedFileSMESH::loadMesh(): unknown magic 0x3830736d in "C:/Users/Michael Zhang/Desktop/xsiman_maya.smesh" file MeshViewer::load(): unknown format of "C:/Users/Michael Zhang/Desktop/xsiman_maya.smesh" file

Has anyone managed to get Maya plugins import/export to work properly?

Michael Zhang

why not use crosswalk to export from xsi to maya? grab it here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13525184&linkID=12544121

Currently, softimage plugin have a serious problem: the coordinate transformation is totally wrong.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response.

Actually, the problem lies with the Maya plugin. Does it work for you? In specific, for skinned mesh export.

The static mesh export is working fine.

I was talking about Softimage just to demonstrate that it is a problem with Maya plugin, because I am importing a functioning .smesh exported by Softimage.

Have you been able to export skinned meshes from maya? If so, perhaps you could explain the process, since the manual seems drastically different from the plugin in the tools pack.

THanks,

Michael

sorry, as I said, we only use softimage, for other tools like 3dsmax and maya, I can only do one thing in these two softwares: click File>Exit, if any dialog pops up, click yes :)

Hey guys just wanted to let you know of a solution to exporting animation from Maya to Unigine engine.

1.go to Window > Setting/Preferences > Preference. Settings on the menu in Maya.

2.click on settings.

3.On Working Units make sure Linear is set to Meter.

4.Save and close.

5.Export All. Use the the manual set-up.(Scale = 1.0, Digits = 64)

6.It'll take about 10-15 minutes before it actually exports so don't worry.

Please take a look at your plugin to fix the problem with exporting in cm.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Unigine are you going to address this? (MEL script and changed the reference to meshSkinnedScale to meshScale)

Looks like the UnigineSDK-source-2011-01-17.exe still has bug for Maya Skinned Mesh exporting.

• 1 month later...