[SOLVED] Random Objects being chosen when using the place command (ctrl + x)

photo

Occasionally when placing an object using CTRL + X to place an object. We get a seemingly random object appearing being placed instead of the object that is selected. Undo fails to revert the change.

I can't reproduce. How many objects do you have approximately when this error occurs?

I tried to reproduce it with a small number of objects, but nothing happened.

somewhere between 500 and 40,000 - in other words a lot. One of our artists thinks that it might only occur when the objects are parented. It seems that the object is in addition to not instead of the intended item and it only appears on the final click to place the item.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Sorry we never posted our workaround, I havn't lurked here for ages.

This error happens when you still have the node lister focussed and try to "Ctrl X" place the node selected from the lister.

It picks up a random object and dumps it along with your node selected from the lister.

The undo command only reverses the original node postion, not the random object. So you sit and stroke your chin and hope that the random object from the list wasn't so important in its previous position unless it is a unique object you recognise.

Workaround:

After selecting a node from the lister window, left click back into the main window before you do your Ctrl X place.

• 2 months later...