[WONTFIX] Right to left language

photo

Hi.

I want to use right to left language (farsi).

I copy farsi font to data/core/gui path but characters were left to right and separately.

How can I set right to left.

thanks.

Hey,

didn't see such a solution aswell.

A way to provide this would be a loop which runs through all characters/words in the Label e.g. and build them in the other way anew together.

That's not that performant but if you haven't that much text to display it would work so.

At all this could be a static functionality where you pass the Widget into so you don't need to write the same solution always anew.

Greetings

Lars

Can you summarize all right to left text rendering requirements?<br />If you need only basic rendering without text editing it's not a big problem for us.<br />But it can be a problem if you require text editing and some other complex text manipulations.

• 5 months later...

What about CJK characters when build glyths from *.ttf/*.otf file?
You use utf-8 for internal string representation but convert them to utf-32 when rendering?

• 4 weeks later...

All string are represented as UTF8. 32-bit wide chars are used only during text rendering. 32-bits are quite enough to cover all CJK symbols.

Right to left and top to bottom text rendering is not in the road-map this year.