[SOLVED] AppWall - vegetation / rendering bug

photo

Hi,

Video link - showing incorrect rendering of vegetation / leaves on different monitors usings appwall.

vegetation is spruce from unigine's valley demo and materials

Happens regardless of open or closed WorldCluster

GPU's: 3 x Radeon 7970's

Driver: 13.1

We have a problem with the shading on the trees. (using srpuce.node and material from unigine's valley) when running multiple screens with AppWall and a triSli config. (3x  7900). Sometimes one of the screens (sometimes 2 at a time) do not render correctly. The behaviour tends to flick between rendering correctly and not when rotating

Video explains more,

Image attached, Left Screen shows issue of vegetation looking flat and not shaded correctly.

post-73-0-54806200-1358733033_thumb.jpg

* Additional Information:

We are also running syncker, in addition to AppWall, though this error is on one PC with triSli at the moment.

We are yet to see if this vegetation error is replicated on other screens in the syncker network. We are in the process of adding computers and screens to the array now.

nat.harrold,

To resolve this issue we need some additional information from you:

1. What API do you use (DX11, OpenGL, DX9)?
  2. Same behavior in Valley demo?

And if you can provide us simple test scene with your materials and nodes settings, it surely will help us to get to the root of the problem faster.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

We are running DX11, I tried DX9 and the bug is there as well.

Will try to test in Valley.

* Is there a later version than Valley 1.0-beta5? ( I ask as there seems to be some difference in the veg rendering system?)

We are running UnigineSDK_binary_2012-12-29_

We are releasing Valley soon, ETA is the beginning of February, so just wait a bit :)

The problem is we do not have such hardware configuration in our test farm, while with AppWall running on one GPU, everything is fine.

• Please, do the testing on Valley so at least we can be sure it's reproduced there.
  • High-resolution screenshots may be of help from you as well, so we can visually check what's wrong.

I was able to isolate further the source of the problem.

Problem only on AMD cards. - we only had one other rig with an AMD card, also different drivers. No sign of this bug on nvidia cards (**EDIT: It is also visible on nvidia cards, the effect is not as noticable as the area of affected vegetation is not as great).

Bug also happened with no appwall and no syncker

Trigger of problem: If a ProjLight comes into the view of the camera (whether 1 or more cameras), the deferred light distance of the ProjLight causes this response. (If the ProjLight deferred distance is enabled)

**Edit: To FIX: I just set the deferred distance to 'inf' on all ProjLights,

and Frustrum,

Yes I did notice that there was something about the ambient light being unchecked before this problem arose, (we were mostly working on nvidia cards so we didnt notice this bug), but having ambient light unchecked makes the spruce leaves look very wrong and have no depth. There are no grass objects/materials in this scene.

Hope this helps if it is not related to the bug you squashed last week.

Thanks,

N.