[SOLVED] mesh clutter create

photo

You mean to use a root mesh from NodeReference? Ok. noted for future implementation of the editor. But for now, it won't be added, sorry.

Yes, just load information about assigned materials and LODs settings, to not set it by hand again and again...it will save some time.

When we can expect editor update? Generally current asset import workflow is vastly time consuming, for example my time estimate for importing/setting our assets is cca 1 man year of non stop nasty work(!!!). Only solution was to prepare ton of custom scripts, so we are able to lower this time to ~1 month, but it is still quite a lot (time means money) and it can be easily automated in core of engine.

I really dont like Unity3D, technically it is disaster, but new Unigine editor should learn a lot from its GUI and asset import pipeline. In our case it is matter of 2-3 days to import all of our assets there (drag and drop support, asset viewer and ability to automatically generate materials for textures and assign to proper surfaces).

If you want any help/consultation how to automatize these processes or describe biggest GUI workflow bottlenecks and how to solve it, write me PM.

• 3 weeks later...

When we can expect editor update?

As for ETA on the new editor, it'll be clear after we plan the next year roadmap. Will keep you posted on this.

If you want any help/consultation how to automatize these processes or describe biggest GUI workflow bottlenecks and how to solve it, write me PM.

Good idea. Please do write us your version at engine-support@unigine.com. I can't guarantee 100% we'll implement the workflow you suggest, but it would definitely be useful. Maybe there are some things we miss for the editor-to-be or got too accustomed to notice.