is it possible to publish this demo scene to customers?

photo

I believe many of us have seen this great video:

Unigine Rendering Features 2012, but some of demo scene in it still not published, like this scene:

post-49-0-70995200-1347419117_thumb.jpg

post-49-0-00567300-1347419125_thumb.jpg

I personally really want this demo scene to study the glass wall material setting and lights setting.

So I'm asking if there is any possibility to publish this demo to unigine's customers. Even if this scene is in preview alpha mode. this scene have many things to study the engine.

Thanks.

We have been working on finalizing this demo for the last month, its development was paused back in 2009.

Preview isn't ready yet, but I suppose we'll upload it for customers only within a month.

From my point of view producing some demos for showing existing features of the engine, but at the same time using this show-case for optimizing the engine where one of the key strengths of UNIGINE right from the beginning.

Therefore I would like to vote for a super-dense Urban Environment demo as next UNIGINE project ! Don't now if old City demo will be the thing I am thinking of, but something like some blocks of downtown Manhatten with tons all kind of effects and inventory.

After optimizing UNIGINE engine in the area of clutter, vegetation and natural effects with the help of Valley demo, such urban environment should stress - and further improve - the engine with regard to background node file streaming (my loved one), large-scale level of detail management, occlussion, shadowing etc. Something like this (in this case Crytek sample)

post-82-0-82108000-1347568292_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, and I think the shadow also needs more optimization, in beta valley demo, shadow splits setting from 3 to 5 cause about 20% performance drop, which is 80 fps down to 50 fps, this is huge impact, and I know this is not all by the shadow split, but the shadow should be optimized much more.

• 3 weeks later...