[SOLVED] Infinite distance issue

photo

Im testing infinite distance value on mesh clutter but I noticed a problem,

when first loading the scene the palm trees are not visible while they should, they appear as soon as the player is near the area of the trees

So to me this seems a bug as the trees should be visible the entire time and it shouldnt matter what distance they are from the player

The framerate does act like the trees are present but they just arent visible untill the player visits the area where the trees are present

post-509-0-93369900-1346059802_thumb.jpg

What settings are the trees themselves using for the lods? Maybe this is ovverriding your clutter settings? I have seen this happen before

What settings are the trees themselves using for the lods? Maybe this is ovverriding your clutter settings? I have seen this happen before

Im not even using LOD's yet as I was just testing the infite draw distance, and the surface max and min distance are both set to inf so I dont really know whats going wrong

Even when setting it to 1200 and I move away so that the trees dissapear they wont re-appear untill im very close to them...

It seems as soon as I use anything with a high draw distance the framerate seems to drop pretty fast, even when using the trees + texture which are optimized for flight simulators

Even when the trees arent being drawn anymore the framerate stays low...so what is going on with this? I really dont know what is causing this as the valley demo is doing the same but it is running much better