Nvidia GPU not supported, Unknown Nvidia GPU

photo

Hi Unigine,

New laptop arrived in last week HP elitebook 8740w with a Nvidia quadro 5000M and when I load "tessellation_d3d10" I recieve the error

Can't load world

D310Render::D3D10Render():Unknown Nvidia GPU

Interpreter::load(): can't open "demos/tessekkation.cpp" file

Cheers,

Cory

Hi Unigine,

New laptop arrived in last week HP elitebook 8740w with a Nvidia quadro 5000M and when I load "tessellation_d3d10" I recieve the error

Can't load world

D310Render::D3D10Render():Unknown Nvidia GPU

Interpreter::load(): can't open "demos/tessekkation.cpp" file

Cheers,

Cory

The problem is not with Quadro card, but a misprint in the launcher file: "tessekkation" instead of "tessellation".

Yes, I have Quadro 3700M&3600M, both are identified as unknown gpu.. :(

Some of the Quadro cards are detected as "Unknown GPU" but they still be working. Unfortunately we haven't the full set of Quadro cards for testing.

I've checked the source/render/Render.cpp, the get_gpu_name function skipped the whole mobile quadro card, that's why it always shows "unkown gpu" in notebooks equipped with those mobile quadro series card.

I think this function is also skipped with mobile FireGL cards.

I'm thinking, nvidia provided nvapi to query and manipulate the video card and gpu and many other things, Why not tring to use nvapi instead of using old nvcpl.dll to query the video card information?

The problem is not with Quadro card, but a misprint in the launcher file: "tessekkation" instead of "tessellation".

Sorry my typo, no misprint in launcher file

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...