[SOLVED] terrain detail material stretching issue

photo

Hello,

Ive been working on a terrain in World-machine 2 and imported it successfully into Unigine but now I ran into a problem

The detail materials seem to strecth on very steep surfaces, I did check the triplanar projection option for all surfaces on the surfaces tab but the problem is still there

I also tried to paint the detail materials after I enabled triplanar projection but this doesnt seem to do anything, when painting even the brush is being stretched across the steep parts of the surface

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is the triplanar projection not working for some reason?

I have attached a screenshot which clearly shows the stretching issue

post-509-0-54089900-1328519137_thumb.jpg

It was a bug in the terrain material file. Copy attached file into the "data/core/materials/default/" directory.

I tried replacing the file but noticed that my terain material is called unigine_terrains.mat, I renamed the file you uploaded and replaced my mat file witht hat but then it wont show terrains anymore

did I miss an update somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

replace 'terrain/' to 'terrains/' strings inside the .mat file.

hi! - unfortunately doesn't work for me :) - after pasting and modifying file, terrain is not visible.

hi! - unfortunately doesn't work for me :( - after pasting and modifying file, terrain is not visible.

i must apologize! :) - retried and all works fine! - nice! - ty!

Thanks to the tips above I got this new terrain file to work, but my framerate is much lower

with the new file I get a framerate around 105 while with the old file its 135, anyone know what could be causing this?

**EDIT**

Already found out that its the triplanar mapping thats causing it

Made sure that only a few surfaces of the terrain that need triplanar mapping got it enabled, but as soon as I get close to one of these my framerate drops

Can I somehow optimize this?

Triplanar mapping was optimized in the SDK that was released a couple of days ago, give it a try.

Ye I gave it a go and my framerate is back to normal again! Good work Unigine devs!