[SOLVED] New terrain demo

photo

Hi,

Currently we are investigating how to create and use terrains for a large world.

Now I understand that Unigine will come with a new terrain demo soon.

Does this mean that there will be some changes in the way Unigine handles terrains? Or does this mean new interresting terrain features will be added soon?

If so, I'm a bit afraid we are putting a lot of time into investigation and learning Unigine while this may be wasted time because things will change soon.Or some problems we encounter may be solved already.

And can we still use the WorldMachine tool to create the terrain and use it in Unigine?

Is there a possibility to learn more about things that are comming? Is there a beta version possibility?

Hi Cor, we are also worried about wasted effort in terrain development, as we are also developing large world support for terrain. However, my understanding is that terrain itself is not changing, just the vegetaion system.. can anyone from Unigine comment on this??

Not from Unigine, but based on all announcements about upcomming valley demo it's exactly like shane stated. There is a planned upgrade of WorldClutter and ObjectGrass for efficient forest rendering, but ObjectTerrain will not change. Actually the valley demo is the first real Unigine demo using ObjectTerrain.

Also using WorldMachine for general terrain mesh, heightfield and texture generation is more or less independant of used game engine. So you shouldn't be too worried about efforts spend here.

• 5 weeks later...