Support for the OSC protocol

photo

well i know this is not a priority for any of us, but the osc protocol is a fast growing protocol based on UDP allowing interactivity and working with many devices (hardware or software) and would be great for fast prototyping of custom input devices. the flexibility is going to be great, plus i know this should take frustum only a minute to develop.... :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

OSC would be extremely usfull to link to a control interface.  I would be able to use my kinect camera in Unigine instead of Unreal3 or cryengine. 

I made this quite bad video of using cryengine terrain with the kinect and a robot if you want to take a look.  I wanted to make this work again but would rather use Unigine as the terrains are better.  Crappy thing about cryengine is in the free version the masks for terrain layers are encripted files which means no importing or exporting masks for detail textures.

• Like 1

this is a nice project Adam, unfortunately Unigine team has stated that importing a protocol as such is not a priority... :(

the thing is that is a quite flexible protocol  working with devices (kinect, leap motion etc) and a lot of other engines are supporting it now almost as a standard....