Gradient in Projected Lights

photo

Hello,

We are trying to get rid of the gradient, which is visible with projected lights, if they are used for something like headlights:

image.thumb.jpeg.28dc80cbd785cd0aefb385a7bd21dd23.jpeg

You can clearly see the gradient in the distance.

We want to achieve a hard edge. Something which could be achieved with a high Lux value, but the intensity will then get way too high (or maybe the gradient is just moved outside of the fov).
image.thumb.jpeg.9b02a202c29d8fec9cc1119a55a5a4b2.jpeg

Anyway, our question would be, if we can get rid of the gradient, if I use the projected lights like in this case?
Only workaround I could imagine so far is to use a decal or to use textures and multiple lights to brighten the light in the distance. Both possibilities are far away from a good solution. I think it is just the way the lights should work, but asking has never harmed someone :)

Kind regards

Iam not sure about that, wouldnt a light profile make sense here? 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ARNOL/ENU/?guid=arnold_core_ac_photometric_light_html

A car headlight is waz more complex than a single projection light, so depending of what u want to achive, probably will need to be creative. 

We had a task in one of our projects, but that was very specific (just about 30000 cars  haha)...

https://www.johngerrard.net/washington_stream.html#2022-washington-stream-at-pace-gallery-112

image.thumb.png.bada24191b91dc60cb846c8054a84c03.png

Best. Werner.

@werner.poetzelberger Thanks for the reply and input :)
Yes, we are using IES profiles and different lights for differnt lights modules, but we have an issue with the gradient in the distance. Since this behavior is also reproducable with a simple  light, I showed it with that. I just wanted to point out that the projected light is rotated in such cases and we can´t get rid of the gradient with the Penumbra settings, which would work if isn´t rotated.

Edited by ShadowZelda