Landscape Layer displacement and Decals

photo

Hi,

At the moment, it looks like Decals (or other Fields) can't interfere with a landscape layer displacement. Is there any possibility to have a Decal (or anything else) applied onto a landscape to alter its displacement.

Practical use case: we have a fine and long ground section (finer than the resolution of the ground layer) that we need to flatten, and the surroundings are heavily distorted by the landscape layer displacement. I tried to use a Decal with Normal Substitute checked, but it only makes the illusion so far as only the lighting is changed, not the displacement of course.

Could this be a valid evolution? (the decal is immovable)

Any ideas ?(beside manually painting the landscape layer)

Thanks

Hi Stephane,

Displacement should be used only to add a really small and high quality details to the final terrain (like small rocks and pebbles, up to 5 cm in height).

Unfortunately, there is no other way to 'flatten' the LandscapeTerrain other than modifying the heightmap directly (either by preparing such flatten data before import or by painting manually via brushes).

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I just remembered that we can have multiple additionnal LandscapeLayerMap with whatever size... So in fact, I just need to have a small one to remove the current Mask info and with no displacement, and just put the Decal on top! It was so simple...