2.19.0.1 Hotfix Released!

Thank you all for your valuable feedback and bug reports helping us get better. This hotfix resolves a number of issues introduced in 2.19.

Upgrading to 2.19.0.1 does not require any code or content migration.

The updated version of the documentation is available as 2.19.

In case you have 2.19 SDK selected by default in SDK Browser, all demo projects will be unavailable (the list will be empty). To see the complete list of available demos, download UNIGINE SDK 2.19.0.1 and set is as default in SDK Browser.

Engine

• Fixed a crash on Engine shutdown (DirectX 12) when the Fast Shutdown option is enabled.
  • Improved GPU memory profiler and removed GPU memory leaks.
  • Improved CPU RAM profiler and fixed warnings.
  • Minor API refactoring for the SpiderVision plugin, including the following:
    • added functions for setting up camera view offset (eye position) for the viewport.
    • added an ability to enable/disable warping.
    • added an ability to enable/disable a warping mesh.
  • Fixed an issue with unavailable OpenAL audio library (no sound) in C# applications (Windows OS with Vulkan version 1.3.280 installed).
  • Fixed an issue with textures quality setting (render_textures_quality) being ignored in case mipmap loading for textures is disabled (render_streaming_textures_mipmaps=0).
  • Fixed an issue with animation bones retargeting on reloading a world.

Editor

• Fixed an issue with the list of textures in the Texture Profiler (Content Profiler) when the Viewport scope is selected (From:Viewport).
  • Fixed and issue with the text edit field in the Expression node of the Material Graph Editor.

• Like 1

I ran this hotfix on my 2.19 project.  Overall I noticed improved stability in material/texture streaming, so it seems like a nice and worthwhile update!  There is one issue that I can't get to the bottom of, which is Landscape terrain textures either are loading a lower mipmap, or are not loading the full resolution texture.  All my landscape streaming and texture settings are the same and I did not have this problem in 2.19 or 2.18.

On 9/1/2024 at 8:34 AM, Miguel-Alejandria said:

Hi. Is the test/play button issue fixed?

No, you have to manually change .net version in .csproj file inside your project root directory from 6 to 8 and install latest .NET 8 SDK from Microsoft website.

I ran this hotfix on my 2.19 project.  Overall I noticed improved stability in material/texture streaming, so it seems like a nice and worthwhile update!  There is one issue that I can't get to the bottom of, which is Landscape terrain textures either are loading a lower mipmap, or are not loading the full resolution texture.  All my landscape streaming and texture settings are the same and I did not have this problem in 2.19 or 2.18.

Is there any chance that you have 2.19 project backup that you can send us for testing? There were no changes that directly affects the terrain streaming performance, so it maybe an oversight from our side, but we need to at least reproduce this behavior on our side.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

10 hours ago, silent said:

Is there any chance that you have 2.19 project backup that you can send us for testing?

Yes Indeed I do.  I made a stripped down version of my project to just a landscape and camera.  You can download the 2.19 version of the project here:

http://www.tanukidigital.com/share/UNIGINE_PROJECT_03_Stripped.zip

Even in this stripped project you can see the landscape texture detail quality between the original and upgraded version...

Original 2.19:

unigine_test_219.thumb.jpg.0cae0554671476de81054b1fd263d7bd.jpg

Upgraded 2.19.0.1:

unigine_test_21901.thumb.jpg.d3ecd7ebe28d901db7d40748dbe150b2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hello!

14 hours ago, TanukiDigital said:

Yes Indeed I do.  I made a stripped down version of my project to just a landscape and camera.  You can download the 2.19 version of the project here:

http://www.tanukidigital.com/share/UNIGINE_PROJECT_03_Stripped.zip

Thank you for sharing the sample; it was helpful in our investigation of the issue. It seems that, for some reason, the render settings need to be manually triggered from the settings or console to behave correctly. To resolve this, you can switch from the Editor to the Settings -> Landscape Tab, or enter "render_landscape_terrain_geometry_preset 1" in the console (this command can be used both in the editor and at runtime). This is a temporary solution and will be addressed in a future update.

Thanks!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, bmyagkov said:

This is a temporary solution and will be addressed in a future update.

Yes this method works in the editor, but once in runtime it requires the console command to be entered manually, which works, but is not ideal.  Thanks for the advice and the quick reply.  Happy to have helped track this bug, looking forward to the next update!

• Like 1