After 2.19 update, Community Edition is not working in Windows 11.

photo

Last week I have downloaded and installed UNIGINE community Edition 2.18 version and was working fine. Today I have updated with 2.19 Engine version. After this update, unfortunately I cannot open UNIGINE and throwing Windows error. Later I found the Engine requires License Activation. I am not sure community Edition does require any license Activation?  Please note after uninstalling 2.19 and installed back 2.18, I can able to create projects and open the editor.

Edited by shahid_sid

Hello!

On 8/18/2024 at 7:42 AM, shahid_sid said:

I am not sure community Edition does require any license Activation?

Although the Community SDK is free it still requires a basic activation step. After downloading the latest SDK release, please navigate to the SDK's tab in the SDK Browser and click the "Activate" button next to the SDK you wish to activate. This should likely resolve the issue.

If you continue to experience problems, please provide us with a screenshot of the error message as we are currently unsure of the exact issue you are encountering.

Thanks!

I followed the steps you described above. But if I click the link "My Company" from Step 3 of the Activation Page, I am seeing 403 Forbidden message. 

I uninstalled and installed back. Now the license details shows that it will expire Aug, 2044. But after I create 2.19 project, I cannot open and it throws windows error.

license.PNG

Hello!

2 hours ago, shahid_sid said:

I uninstalled and installed back. Now the license details shows that it will expire Aug, 2044. But after I create 2.19 project, I cannot open and it throws windows error.

At this point it does not appear to be a licensing issue. Our next assumption is that the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" runtimes on your system may be outdated. We highly recommend updating to the latest version which you can download from the following link: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the error you're encountering? This is an important step in helping us understand the issue you're facing.

Thanks!

Hello!

8 hours ago, shahid_sid said:

err1.PNG

err2.PNG

Could you please provide us with more details regarding the issue? Specifically, if you press "Debug" button is there a stack trace available that you can share? Additionally, could you elaborate on your hardware specifications?

It would also be helpful if you could provide the editor log file. To locate the file, please open the "My Projects" tab in the SDK Browser. Click the three dots next to the 2.19 project you want to launch and select "Open Folder" from the dropdown menu. Navigate to the "bin" folder, find the "editor_log.txt" file and attach it to your message.

image.png

image.png

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

hi

please check the error details from VS and error.txt file and also my computer specification. I am using DELL laptop with built in graphics card.

ERR.PNG

editor_log.txt

SPEC.PNG

Edited by shahid_sid

Hello,

It appears that the PC you are using is missing the Vulkan Runtime which is typically installed with graphics drivers. However, it seems to be absent in your case. However, you can easily install it separately by using the lightweight installer available at the following link: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/download/1.3.290.0/windows/VulkanRT-1.3.290.0-Installer.exe

This should most likely resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply. I have installed the Vulkan runtime and restarted my machine. Now I am able to create a new project in 2.19 but unfortunately the Unigine Editor is not completing some tasks especially the "Compiling Shaders" and the editor get stuck from further actions. Even after upgrading the project from 2.18, same situation occurs. I tried multiple times and restarted my machine, same situation occurs.

Please note I am able to create new project in 2.18 and work without any issues.

error.PNG

Edited by shahid_sid

Hello!

Could you please confirm if your PC has a discrete graphics adapter or if it only uses an integrated one? It appears that your system is equipped with an Intel 5500U processor with Intel HD Graphics 5500 Mobile GPU which was released in 2014 and is no longer supported.

You can find the current system requirements in our documentation by following this link: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.19/start/requirements?rlang=cpp

Switching between different graphics APIs available in the SDK Browser may help you find the most compatible option. However, due to the limitations of your current GPU, DirectX 11 might be the only viable choice, as DirectX 12 and Vulkan may not run properly given the GPU's specifications.

image.png

9 hours ago, shahid_sid said:

Now I am able to create a new project in 2.19 but unfortunately the Unigine Editor is not completing some tasks especially the "Compiling Shaders" and the editor get stuck from further actions.

You can disable shader compilation from the Editor menu by clicking the corresponding button. However, please note that this may not significantly improve performance, as rendering and related features are constantly evolving, especially with the substantial changes introduced in version 2.19. This could be a reason why your hardware is no longer compatible.

image.png

Thanks!

DirectX11 also the same situation as it is throwing error and cannot even open Unigine Editor. In DirectX12, I can open the Editor. No hope to disable precompile All Shaders.

11 hours ago, shahid_sid said:

DirectX11 also the same situation as it is throwing error and cannot even open Unigine Editor. In DirectX12, I can open the Editor.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done in this situation. Updating your GPU driver to the latest version might improve performance a bit. However, as mentioned earlier the Intel HD Graphics 5500 is unsupported hardware and its compatibility hasn't been guaranteed for quite some time. You can find the minimum supported Intel GPU devices at the following link: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.19/start/requirements?rlang=cpp#intel

11 hours ago, shahid_sid said:

No hope to disable precompile All Shaders.

You can try disabling it by modifying the editor's configuration file. To do this, follow this path on your system: "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\unigine\Editor\editor1.1cfg". Open the file and change the "precompile_shaders" parameter from 1 to 0. Save the file and then launch the editor as usual.

image.png

Thanks!