Could Someone Guide me for Efficient Scene Management in UNIGINE using C++?

photo

Hello there,

I have recently started working on a project using the UNIGINE engine; and I am aiming to develop a large scale; open world environment. My main focus is on optimizing scene management to ensure smooth performance across various hardware configurations. I have a few specific questions and would greatly appreciate any advice or best practices you can share; especially from those with experience in similar projects.

What are the most effective methods for implementing spatial partitioning in UNIGINE? I understand that Octrees and Quadtrees are common approaches; but are there any specific considerations or optimizations unique to UNIGINE that I should be aware of?

How does UNIGINE handle LOD for large environments; and what are the best practices for managing LOD transitions to minimize performance overhead and visual popping?

With a large number of assets and textures; efficient memory management becomes crucial. Are there any recommended strategies for asset streaming or dynamic loading/unloading in UNIGINE to keep memory usage in check?

In an open world scenario; physics calculations can be quite intensive. What techniques do you recommend for optimizing physics in UNIGINE; particularly for objects that are far from the player or outside the current view frustum?

Also, I have gone through this post; https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/6449-best-way-to-run-ccsp-custom-async-tasks/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

I am also using a mix of UNIGINE script and C++ for various parts of the project. Are there any tips for efficiently managing the interaction between UNIGINE script and C++ code; particularly to avoid performance bottlenecks?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and help.