Asset browser size resets after restart

photo

Good evening,

after closing and reopening Unigine the asset browser dimensions resets. Could you make a setting that allows to save the window layout? That way the user prefered window settings can be imported to other projects too.

Hi, Sevdat.

Oh yes, as you can see, most windows are saving their state. The asset browser window and other horizontal windows are a bit different. More likely they are adjusted to be a bit wider when opened, since there are lots of asset files there usually. It is simply more comfortable to work with bigger number of assets.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, arizmenda said:

Hi, Sevdat.

Oh yes, as you can see, most windows are saving their state. The asset browser window and other horizontal windows are a bit different. More likely they are adjusted to be a bit wider when opened, since there are lots of asset files there usually. It is simply more comfortable to work with bigger number of assets.

Thanks!

Good day arizmenda,

Is there a way to make it an user preferred option? I record the engine with obs and I need to have the window layout like this:

image.thumb.png.90b62885e289e1ef0919dfcca94df70d.png

That way when recording videos about the engine it can look like this:

The additional information about script and node options, I just screenshot. Is there a save file or somthing that can let me return the window layout to the desired form?

Edited by Sevdat

No, unfortunately, we don't have such a feature yet. Perhaps, it will be done in the future. 

For your purpose, it is possible to drag the viewport window out of the editor and film it apart from other windows by catching it in OBS. When you close and open the editor, the viewport window and OBS saves their size and focus. Will that work for you?

image.png

4 minutes ago, arizmenda said:

No, unfortunately, we don't have such a feature yet. Perhaps, it will be done in the future. 

For your purpose, it is possible to drag the viewport window out of the editor and film it apart from other windows by catching it in OBS. When you close and open the editor, the viewport window and OBS saves their size and focus. Will that work for you?

image.png

Good day arizmenda,

I already do that for certian videos, but I want the upper simulation buttons to exist as well. This will be important for the presentation I am currently creating named Unigine Tutorial.:

image.thumb.png.e10821f8b531dbc96b8f4e4e823f8547.png

Google slides allow me to add videos, comments, etc. I will later share this including the H.264 videos.

I set the video dimensions to 720x720 so in OBS I press (ALT+Drag) to crop the display so that I can choose the place I want to record.

image.png.36288448a30a9a8900d4b6cb2fd9f3e2.png