[SOLVED] LightEnvironmentProbe only for reflections

photo

Hello,

I guess it is a problem from my side and I am getting something from.

I want to use LightEnvironmentProbes only for reflections and for different light set ups.
I found this old topic:

But I can´t find the suggested solution on how to set the alpha channel in Ambient color to zero in Environment probe settings.

I can disable the Indirect Specular to get rid of it, but than the LightEnvironmentProbe doesn´t contribute to any reflections of the object as it seems.

What am I doing wrong? Using Unigine SDK 2, 2.18.0.1

Any help is appreciated! Thanks :)

Probe.PNG

Hello!

@ShadowZelda This behavior seems quite odd to me. Are you intending to use it dynamically? At first glance, it seems that it was baked in another location as I can see flowers in the reflections. If it was then moved to a different place then it would not work properly because the baked textures would not correspond to the new setup and it needs to be baked with the current environment configuration. With these specific settings after baking once again with the "Indirect Diffuse" checkbox turned off it should behave exactly as you described.

Thanks!

Hi @bmyagkov,

Thank you for the fast answer!
The flowers are inside the albedo texture, so nothing wrong with them. Baking the lighting with a different sun position and the disabled indirect diffuse option got me the desired result.

Thanks for the input :)

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ShadowZelda said:

Hi @bmyagkov,

Thank you for the fast answer!
The flowers are inside the albedo texture, so nothing wrong with them. Baking the lighting with a different sun position and the disabled indirect diffuse option got me the desired result.

Thanks for the input :)

You're welcome!

• bmyagkov changed the title to [SOLVED] LightEnvironmentProbe only for reflections