MeshClutter Object Loses Terrain Mask

photo

(Note: Using Unigine 2.18)

I have a project with a LandscapeTerrain and multiple MeshClutter sub-objects for trees and landscape details.  When I first open the project and click on any of the MeshClutter objects the TerrainMask setting on the clicked object immediately gets set to "None", which (for example) takes a tree and fills the entire terrain with it instead of just the masked areas.  Setting the MaskTerrain back to the appropriate layer fixes the problem and the trees go back to their normal placement, and after this incident I can click on this MeshClutter object and any other MeshClutter object and the problem does not reoccur.

However once I close the project and open it again the problem does reoccur.  This happens 100% of the time when I first open this project.

Also of note, if the MeshClutter object has a child object for displaying imposters, the TerrainMask on this child object also gets set to none to mirror the parent object.

May be an editor bug? Can you use a Mask Texture instead of the MaskTerrain?

Best.w.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Yes probably an Editor bug, and yeah I could use a texture.  The only issue with doing that is it unlinks it from the terrain mask settings, so this texture would need to be updated separately as the terrain gets edited / changed/ added to.  Now multiply that for every MeshClutter object using a terrain Mask... it gets out of hand.

• Like 1

TanukiDigital,

Indeed, the problem was caused by an editor bug. It was reproduced and is going to be fixed in the next patches.

Thanks for reporting!

• Like 2