Lowpass/Highpass for SoundSource object

photo

Hi, I just wanted to ask if there's any way to achieve a lowpass effect for a specific SoundSource object. In my case I'd need it for underwater audio.

I checked the API but I didn't find anything so far, and I'd like to avoid having to render out every audio file as regular and muffled.

IzaZed

Unfortunately, built-in SoundSource doesn't have any filters available. You can try to add SoundReverb zone and try to set it up to emulate underwater sound.

Another potential solution is to use FMOD and control all the sounds / effects manually.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

image.thumb.png.1f16f5f5f382e29952fd3a28236da222.png

This message appears when launching, although I did put the fmod.dll, fmodL.dll, fmodstudio.dll and fmodstudioL.dll into my Project/bin folder, I can't find a "UnigineFMOD_x64.dll" anywhere - I also enabled the FMOD plugin through the project configuration and also added the -extern_plugin "FMOD"

Same thing happens with a new project.
I double checked that I copied the x64 and not x86 files. In the sample (thanks for pointing me to it) I had the same message, only without the "UnigineFMOD_x64.dll", and that worked after I threw the dlls into the project

In case of C# project you would need to re-configure existing project to add FMOD plugin. You can do it in SDK Browser:

image.png

After that step you should be able to see UnigineFMOD_plugin_x64 dlls in <Project>/bin/plugins/Unigine/FMOD directory.

In order to make this plugin load on engine startup you also need to add -extern_plugin UnigineFMOD to the command line arguments. If you are using VSCode to launch and debug application you can do it directly in <Project>/.vscode/launch.json file in Run Debug / Run Release sections ("args" key).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: