[SOLVED] Which projection will stretch the satellite image the least under landspace terrain and show the landscape in both time zones?

photo

Hello, technical staff, Excuse me, I come to ask you some questions about terrain production

We need to make a terrain and run it in VR mode, but because our terrain is across two UTM time zones, the projection mode can only display half of it when using landspace terrain, such as WGS84/UTM zone48N projection mode. The terrain covered by WGS84/UTM zone49N will not be displayed correctly, or the EPSG:3857 projection will cause the satellite image to stretch and not match the airport decal, while the manual recommends using landspace terrain in VR. So what kind of projection would stretch the satellite image the least and show the landscape in two time zones

thanks!

Hello!

@mahuihui123456It looks like you need to find a projection that includes both zones 48th and 49th but minimizes distortion. Indeed, a projection like EPSG:3857 is not the best choice for this task.

To learn how to find a suitable projection using the service https://epsg.org you can refer to our documentation at the following link: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.17/editor2/sandworm/faq/#toggle-spoiler-3.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, mahuihui123456 said:

Unfortunately, this page cannot register new users and the map is blank after selecting map search following the instructions in the documentation.......

Registration is not required. You may need to disable ad blockers or use a VPN. It may be necessary to use a different browser to display the map.

image.png

Thanks!

Thanks!
 After using VPN, the epsg website can be used normally. Then a new problem comes, why can't the coordinates I intercepted on the epsg website be generated? And some of the projection coordinate system that comes with unigine sandworm tool can not be generated normally

2023-11-01 164948.png

2023-11-01 171605.png

Edited by mahuihui123456
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Which projection will stretch the satellite image the least under landspace terrain and show the landscape in both time zones?