[SOLVED] Global water get culled/flickers

photo

Hello!

17 hours ago, brentskegg said:

I'm testing a global water node and for some reason parts of it gets culled by the looks of it at certain camera angles. Probably some obvious thing I cant figure out.

Anyone know what it could be?

In an attempt to fix this behavior you might begin by adjusting the visibility distance parameter for the ObjectWaterGlobal object. To do so please navigate to Settings -> Runtime -> World -> Render -> Water and find the "Visibility Distance" value. Increase it by a few times.

Thanks!

Ah yes! I had it maxed out to some ridiculously large value. Lowering it fixed that issue!

I'm doing some flying in my game so I wanted to have a large viewing distance. The max distance seems to be capped about 100 km (1 = 1 meter), is that true? 

1 hour ago, brentskegg said:

Ah yes! I had it maxed out to some ridiculously large value. Lowering it fixed that issue!

I'm doing some flying in my game so I wanted to have a large viewing distance. The max distance seems to be capped about 100 km (1 = 1 meter), is that true? 

There should not be any limits but the actual behavior looks like a bug to me. Most likely we will fix this with some of the following updates.

At the moment you can improve the behavior by increasing the 'Geometry' preset from the default to the highest one. A quick check allowed me to set the distance to 500000 units using the 'Ultra' preset and everything seems just fine.

Thanks!

Thanks for your support!

I just figured out where to change the far Z clipping plane for the Editor Camera, duh. It was set to 100km. So that fixed all my issues. 

Then I tried to "go back" to my previous settings (for everything), just to see if the problem would occur again (the water flickering/culling) but it seems to be gone now! Or I just forgot some setting.

Anyhow, thanks for pointing in the right direction!

• Like 1
  • bmyagkov changed the title to [SOLVED] Global water get culled/flickers