landscape lmap file disappears

photo
Go to solution Solved by ipakseev,

Hi, I'm new to the unigine (liking it so far!) but I have run into one problem that I can't seem to figure out. When I import certain large heightmaps, the lmap asset gets deleted upon completion of the import process, for some unknown reason. It just disappears from the asset browser. Am I running into some sort of file size or system resource limitation? It's a 352mb geotiff heightmap (15457x11947 pixels, epsg:3857 at 30 meter resolution, int16 data type).

The relevant log file snippet is below:

13:02:02 C:/Projects/UNIGINE Projects/test_project/data/Terrain/georgia.lmap (5.7GB): import started...
13:40:31 C:/Projects/UNIGINE Projects/test_project/data/Terrain/georgia.lmap: import finished in 38.488442 minutes
13:40:49 ERROR:	LandscapeMapFile::fileOpenRead() can't open "guid://137d01f5d6e0a4b42def0e07c5b723d343b12323" file

PC specs:
Core i5-11500
16gb RAM
1TB nvme SSD
RTX 3060

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Edited by MindV0odoo

I tried importing the heightmap again and ran into the same issue. But this time I recorded my screen as it happened. Keep in mind all I did was left-click my mouse on the asset, but this seems to happen if I interact with the editor in any way.

https://streamable.com/8cdqx7

This screen grab is the juicy bit. Why is it removing the lmap file?
image.png.dca138a2d16306bd022aaaa4807250f7.png

• Solution

Hello, MindV0odoo!

Unfortunately, the video at the link is not available to watch at this time.

I suppose that your problem may be related to limited disk space on your PC. The default Terrain Compression Cache saves to C:/Users/<User_Name>/AppData/Local/Unigine/Editor/cache. If you don't have enough free space, your lmap will be deleted after reimport/import. It's known issue. 

Could you try changing this path to a path with more free space please? This param located in Settings → Editor → Terrain Compression Cache.

Just an update to this... I freed up some space on the drive (there is around ~170gb free now). I seem to have narrowed down the problem to when external terrain files are re-imported. If I create a new lmap, everything works fine. But when I re-import data for an existing lmap, the file gets deleted when the import finishes.

We found а workaround. This bug is related with buffer not with disk space. You can do the following steps:
1) After running the reimport, change the focus to another window
2) When the reimport complets, close the Editor via Task Manager
3) Start the Editor again
Because if you go back to the Editor, your lmap will be deleted. 

I hope this workaround will help you. We'll fix this bug in version 2.18

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just a follow-up to anyone who might experience this bug... I tested now in 2.18 and can confirm it is indeed fixed.  Thanks!

• Like 1