[SOLVED] Why is Art Samples Install button not enabled?

photo

Hello!

11 minutes ago, DataJuggler said:

Is there something I have to select to have this button be enabled? Or is not available on community edition or something?

This specific demo is allowed to be used with the community SDK and it has no restrictions. But what about the other demos? Is the button also inactive for them?

Please try running the SDK browser as an administrator and ensure that the path listed in the "Global Options" menu under "Storage Pass" has enough space for the download.

Thanks!

image.png

The SDK installed fine. I opened one of the samples, and I had to use Task Manager to get out of it because my mouse is hijacked when the sample is open.

How do you navigate around the scene when your mouse doesn't work? 

11 minutes ago, DataJuggler said:

The SDK installed fine. I opened one of the samples, and I had to use Task Manager to get out of it because my mouse is hijacked when the sample is open.

How do you navigate around the scene when your mouse doesn't work? 

Usually, pressing the "ESC" button should make your mouse free. However, some samples may use the WASD keys and arrow keys to control the camera. Can you give more information about the specific example where you had this problem?

Regarding the subject issue you might try the following steps:

Shut down the SDK Browser and delete its configuration file located at "C:\Users\%USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\unigine\browser.json." After doing this, check again to see if the demo is available.

You may need to specify the path to the folder where the SDK and demo were previously downloaded as specified in the "Storage Path" so you don't have to download the SDK all over again.

Additionally, you could try specifying a different location just to see if it changes the behavior.

Thanks!

@DataJuggler As I can see from our end you began downloading the "Art Samples" demo two hours ago. While it was being downloaded the "INSTALL" button turned grey, as shown in the attached image. Perhaps this is what confused you?

image.png

I guess it did install. Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night. Maybe I clicked it and didn't notice. 

I will watch some videos before bothering you again.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, DataJuggler said:

I guess it did install. Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night. Maybe I clicked it and didn't notice. 

I will watch some videos before bothering you again.

Thanks

No worries :)

You're welcome!

• bmyagkov changed the title to [SOLVED] Why is Art Samples Install button not enabled?