Coorectly spawning node with geo coord and rotation

photo

Hi, I'm spawning node in geo terrain (curved and flat), and I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

auto converter = ig->getConverter();
Mat4 transform = converter->getZeroBasis(geo);
node->setWorldTransform(transform);
vec3 up = converter->getZeroUpDirection(geo);
quat q = converter->getZeroRotation(geo);
node->setWorldRotation(quat(up, yaw) * q); // rotate the yaw of the node. 0 should be face north, 90 should be face east. Not sure here!

Can you confirm this is the correct way, that I'm not messing up the quat order? Thanks!

Hello!

Yes, you are on the right way, but you got a little lost with the order of applying rotations

// input
Vec3 geo = Vec3(lat,lon,alt);
vec3 euler_ned = vec3(yaw, pitch, roll);
vec3 euler_enu = vec3(roll, pitch, yaw); // there are can be different sign. im not shure about direction of rotation CW or CCW

// === usual way with flat 
vec3 world_pos = geodeticToWorld(geo);
quat world_rot = quat(composeRotationZYX(euler_enu));
// OR   if you have a ned rotation
quat world_rot = quat(0.0f, 0.0f, -1.0f, euler_ned.z) * quat(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, euler_ned.y) * quat(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, euler_ned.x);

Mat4 final_transform = Mat4(world_rot, world_pos);

// ==== with geodetic curved

vec3 world_pos = geodeticToWorld(geo);
quat world_rot = quat(composeRotationZYX(euler_enu));

quat zero_basis = getZeroRotation(geo); // rotation of local tanget plane for this point

Mat4 transform = Mat4(zero_basis * world_rot, world_pos); // compose rotation of ltp with rotation of entity

// or just

Mat4 transform = getZeroBasis(geo) * Mat4(world_rot.getMat3()); // im not shure about altitude in this case but it should works to...

• Like 1